Tuesday 17 August 2010

Malteser cupcakes

Ever since making both Oreo and Toblerone cupcakes i've been a big fan of putting confectionary into cupcake recipes so imagine my excitement when I saw I heart cupcake's post about Malteser cupcakes. I heart cupcakes is one of my favourite blogs, Anne talks about all things cupcakes as well as posting delicious recipes, so i'd recommend you check it out!

I wasn't sure how to make them and since I wanted to take them to work and I was short on time I decided to make mini cupcakes. The recipe was for 12 normal sized cupcakes and I ended up making 55 mini cupcakes (but don't worry, they were all eaten!). The recipe called for 1 malteser per cupcake, but as I did mini's I put half. They pretty much melted in the oven but gave a lovely taste. Here they are fresh out of the oven (I love the colour of them!)...

Anne's recipe had called for both chocolate and vanilla frosting but as I was short of time I decided to just do vanilla. I crushed the Maltesers in my food processor but they weren't as crushed as I'd hoped. However, looking back i'm actually glad of this as I love how you can see the maltesers in the frosing. Here are a couple of photos of how they looked finished.


Sorry for the rubbish quality of the photo above! I was really happy with how they turned out - they tasted lovely and I love the malteser decoration. Ben told me they were the best ones i've made to date and everyone at worked scoffed on them! Thanks Anne for sharing this great recipe :)

12 comments:

  1. They sound and look totally scrumptious x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing!! Thanks ever so much for trying them out. The two frostings is a bit too much of a faff, I doubt I'd do it often!
    Love the idea of mini ones - I think I shall make some for work :)
    And thanks for your kind words about my blog, its so nice to hear people enjoy it!
    did you watch the Great British Bake Off tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem - I love all your posts, especially ones about all the kitchen finds :)
    I completely forgot about it but i'll try and catch it on the iplayer this week!
    I will certainly make these again - I might try normal sized ones next time, though I love the minis :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Leanne, I agree with Ben, they look like your best to date! I love doing mini malteser ones, the malteser is the perfect sized edible topper! I like the way you can see the malteser flecks in the frosting too! Glad you're back on the baking bandwagon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I thought you might be interested to know Im doing a giveaway on my blog. There are some great baking items on the website the voucher is for. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these look absolutely amazing. I was thinking of trying them too after reading about it on I heart cupcakes but haven't time recently. Cant wait to try them now in the mini version like yours. Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Heaven is a cupcake: Thank you :) I will enter your competition shortly

    @Gem: Glad you like them :) I've decided i'm definately going to buy Primrose - I need those lemon cupcakes in my life!

    @Baking addict: Thank you :) I'd really recommend the recipe, it was easy to make and they tasted amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so cute! What could be better than a Malteser topper?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cupcakes look so adorable! The photographs aren't bad at all...they are very cute actually

    ReplyDelete
  10. We made these too! Great recipe from Anne as always :) Leanne: can I send you some info on Cupcake Camp London? Where should I send it to?

    ReplyDelete